Vegan Paleo Blueberry Protein Muffins
[Makes about 16 muffins]
3 cups almond meal
1 scoop (or about 2 1/2 Tablespoons) of your favorite vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon pink salt
4 flax eggs (4 Tablespoons ground flax seeds + 10 Tablespoons water)
1/2 cup puréed pumpkin, from a can or homemade
3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, make the flax eggs by whisking together the ground flaxseed and water until well combined. Let sit to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Once the flax eggs are ready, mix in the pumpkin, melted coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until a thick dough forms. Gently fold in the blueberries being careful not to crush them.
- Divide the batter equally between paper-lined muffin tin cups. Since the batter is so thick, it’s helpful to use a tablespoon measuring spoon or cookie scoop to drop the batter into the cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5-7 minutes before moving muffins to a cooling rack. Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or on the counter for up to 2 days.